God has placed Calvary Baptist Church in Charlotte, Michigan to fulfill His purpose of reaching the lost and edifying the believers. There have been many people who have accepted Christ as their Savior and have grown in their faith as a result of this church being planted here.
Calvary Baptist Church had its start in 1922, as the result of the vision of John Zuiderhook. He started this church as the Gospel Tabernacle and it was located on Harris Avenue. The church had several pastors during the next couple of decades.
In the early fifties, Pastor Richard Hill led the church to organize itself as the Harris Avenue Baptist Church. In 1961 George Dagley became the pastor of the church. He had a vision that the church needed a new facility. The present property was bought and the church became organized in 1964 as Calvary Baptist Church. The present building was completed in 1965 and was added onto in 1974.
Calvary Baptist Church today is seen in the pages of this website in various ways. People serve, give, and grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The desire to reach the lost with the Gospel here in Charlotte and around the World is evident. Many of the young people at Calvary have expressed a desire to serve the Lord full-time.
Looking to the future, we know that loving and serving an unchanging Savior in the midst of a troubled and lost world is what God deisires from us. It is our desire to see other churches of like faith and practice planted, to see our local and foreign missions outreach expanded, and God’s purpose for our local assembly to be fulfilled by reaching the lost with the Gospel and seeing them discipled and growing. Pray with us that we will stay faithful to Our Lord and His Teachings.